You cannot have any sort of buffet-based event without having a sweet option, even with something such as a Cheese and Wine Party. A cheesecake, I have often found, is the best option as it’s something you rarely hear a person say they don’t like. Obviously let your lactose-intolerant friends know first (but then, why would they come to a Cheese and Wine Party in the first place?)
The recipe below is based on the White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake recipe I published a couple of years ago. The method is virtually the same, bar one or two ingredients. The only major difference here as you will have noticed, is the decoration with red and green grapes – something designed to keep to the Cheese and Wine Party theme.
- 150g Digestive biscuits
- 75g Butter
- 15-20ml Vanilla Essence
- 400g Cream Cheese
- 70g Caster Sugar
- 200ml Whipping Cream
- 1 punnet each Red and Green Grapes
Serves 6-8 people
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Decoration Time: 10-15 minutes (depending on how artistic you are)
Chilling Time: 24 hours
- Start by making the biscuit base – break the biscuits into small pieces and combine with the butter. Press onto the base of a cake tin.
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese, whipping cream and sugar until smooth. Stir in the vanilla essence to taste.
- Spoon the cheese and cream mixture over the biscuit base until completely covered. Place in the refrigerator for 24 hours or overnight.
- Around an hour before serving, decorate the cake. Do this by halving a series of red and green grapes and arranging them in an artistic pattern.
- Cut into generous-sized slices and serve.